ATS&E provides an opportunity to share and present your knowledge among peers, effectively network with industry leaders, and learn about the newest and greatest technology from peer reviewed papers.
At 2018 ATS&E there will be more than 250 papers presented in 50+ sessions covering topics from Reservoirs Engineering to Energy Economics, and form Exploration and Appraisal to IR4.0.
- Geological Modelling
- Formation Evaluation
- Fluid Characterization and Phase Behavior
- Field Development and Life Cycle Optimization
- Reserves Estimation
- Uncertainty Management and Quantification
- Monitoring and Conformance
- Recovery Mechanism (EOR/IOR)
- Geosteering and Well Placement
- Unconventional Resources
- Numerical Modelling and Simulation
- Multidisciplinary Integration
- Facilities Design and Optimization
- Artificial Lift
- Facilities Integrity
- Real-Time Management
- Material Selection
- Flow Assurance
- Scale and Corrosion Management
- Production Management
- Rigless Operations
- Surface Sand Management
- Sour Processing
- Subsea Operations
- Unconventional Modular Facilities
- Water Management
- Basin Modelling and Analysis
- Low Relief Structures and Stratigraphy
- Geophysical Acquisition and Processing
- Geophysical Data Integration
- Near-Surface Characterization
- Quantitative Interpretation
- Outcrop Geological Studies
- Reservoir Geophysics
- Subsalt and Deepwater Exploration
- Unconventional Resources
- Seismic Inversion
- Borehole Geophysics
- Resource Estimation
- Completion Technologies
- Borehole Stability
- Cementing and Wellbore Isolation
- Coil Tubing Drilling
- Completion Fluids
- Deepwater Drilling
- Drilling Fluids
- Extended Reach Drilling
- Rig Design and Automation
- High Pressure and High Temperature Wells
- Drilling and Well Design Optimization
- Cost Optimization
- Perforation Technology
- Productivity Enhancement (Stimulation and Fracturing)
- Unconventional Drilling Methods
- Under Balance and Managed Pressure Drilling
- Well Control
- Well Integrity
- Well Intervention
- Downhole Sand Management
- Integrated Operations
- Well Abandonment
- Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) Applications
- Cloud and High Performance Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Fields and Real-Time Data Assimilation (Big Data)
- Fuzzy Logic
- Machine Learning
- Material Technology
- Energy Economics
- Knowledge Management
- Talent Acquisition, Development and Retention
- Organizational Health and Adaptability
- Academic/Industrial Collaboration
- Local Talent Development
- Workplace Diversity
- Vocational/Industrial Training Safety Culture
- Environmental Stewardship
- Social Responsibility and Public Awareness
- Waste Management
- Operational Excellence
- Safety Risk Management
- Management of Change
- Quality Assurance and Management
- Cyber Security
- Process Safety
A proper review of your abstract requires that it contain adequate information on which to make a judgement. Written in English and containing a maximum of 450 words, abstracts should be summarized into four (4) specific paragraphs.
- Objective: Please list the objective and/or scope of the proposed paper.
- Methods and Procedures: Briefly explain your overall approach, including your methods, procedures and process.
- Results and Conclusions: Please describe the results, observations and conclusions of the proposed paper.
- Novel and Additive Information: Please explain how this paper will present novel (new) or additive information to the existing body of literature that can be of benefit to and/or add to the state of knowledge in the petroleum industry.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
Oral Presentations/ePosters for the 2018 ATS&E Conference will be selected from abstracts submitted to ATS&E Technical Committee. The Technical Committee will consider all abstracts submitted by the deadline of Thursday January 18th, 2018 at 11:59 P.M. Saudi Arabia Time. Early submission is particularly important to ensure that the committee members have plenty of time to review the abstracts. Author’s acceptance Notifications will be sent in January 2018 to the selected abstracts.
Guidelines For Accepted Abstracts:
- Obtain necessary clearance from your organization.
- Your abstract could be accepted for either Oral Presentation or ePoster Presentation.
If accepted, your abstract may be published, as submitted, in conference information media and on the SPE-KSA website.
- Authors whose abstracts are accepted will be required to provide a full manuscript for inclusion in the Conference Proceedings.
- Authors who do not submit a manuscript and the associated publication forms by the stated deadline will be withdrawn from the program and will not be allowed to present per SPE’s No Paper/No Podium Policy.
The Society of Petroleum Engineers – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Section (SPE –KSA) is proud to announce that the 2018 edition of its Annual Technical Symposium and Exhibition (ATS&E) will be held at Dhahranexpo, 23-26 April, 2018 & will have the following theme