Establish a Student Chapter
SPE has student chapters around the world that provide an operating framework for society activities at a university level. Each student chapter is sponsored by a local, professional section and has the support of their university department.
Applications for new student chapters are reviewed three times a year. Please refer to the eligibility requirements below and the student chapter operations manual before you begin the application process.
- Minimum of a three-year degree program related to the SPE mission or a two-year degree specifically in petroleum engineering
- At least one set of students having graduated from the university with the specified degree
- 25 student members
- At least 13 student members who are not graduating within six months of the petition submission deadline
- Professional SPE member on faculty who is willing to serve as the student chapter advisor
- Support from the head of the corresponding department who also maintains membership in SPE
- Support from SPE KSA
To apply, send email to email@example.com by March 2018 Students are encouraged to work closely with staff before the deadline to ensure all petition details are correct.
Within 45 days of the submission deadline, the petitioning officer will be notified of approval. Until officially approved, students may not operate using the SPE name.
Join Our Mailing List
Our Team Needs You