Through local student chapters and international programs, SPE serves over 70,000 student members globally. We in SPE KSA offer many resources and opportunities for students to expand their knowledge and enhance their skills.
- Meet practicing professionals at meetings or society events
- Apply for a mentor and receive practical career advice
- Receive discounts on textbooks, reference books, and other Society publications
- Apply for a number of SPE scholarships, offered for both undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees related to the oil and gas industry
- Participate in various SPE programs: eMentoring, online communities and paper contests
- Have your dues paid by Chevron, corporate sponsor for SPE student dues program
Participate with your University or Chapter by joining an SPE committee
- Must be enrolled in a university and carry at least 30% of a normal full-time academic load
- Must have a concentration in petroleum or a related field
- And at least one of the following: •Be pursuing the equivalent to a bachelors or graduate degree
- Attend an university with an SPE established student chapter
SPE will contact your student chapter faculty sponsor to verify enrollment or request a copy of your current transcript or proof of enrollment.
Ensure you complete all pages of the online application process:
- Fill out your profile information
- Select your login password for spe.org
- Add any subscriptions to your order
- Select financial assistance or payment method
- Check out
- You will receive an immediate confirmation of membership upon submission.
Please note that 5% of your dues is allocated to your subscription to the Journal of Petroleum Technology and is not deductible or refundable.